Do your halloween festivities include your canine or feline furry friend?
Halloween pet safety tips for you to consider:
1. Keep all candy out of reach of your pets. The artifical ingredients and sweeteners in candies can upset your pet's digestive system. Chocolates are especially toxic.
2. Be careful of using candles to light pumpkins. An excited dog can easily knock them over, resulting in a fire. A curious puppy or kitten can get too close and singe whiskers and fur.
3. When you open your door to trick or treaters, be careful not to let your pets escape. If you don't usually keep your dog or cat's i.d./rabies tags on your pet, it is a very good idea to put them on for halloween. If you furry friend does escape and become lost, proper identification can be his or her ticket safely home.
4. If you have outdoor cats, consider keeping them safe inside your home during halloween. Protect them against possible acts of animal cruelty, especially black and other dark colored cats.
5. If you dress your pet for halloween, choose a costume that doesn't restrict movement, or impedes hearing, seeing or breathing. Make sure there are no dangling pieces that your pet can chew off and swallow or choke on.
Some animals do not like wearing clothing. So if this is your furry friend - don't dress and stress your pet.
Their arch frenemy - neighbor kitty, Muffy Moosehead ...
They said fish fillet, not FROG! And no, I do NOT taste like chicken.
Trick or treat! We are here for the fish fillet sandwiches.
Have a happy and safe howl-o-ween!
From Furry Friends Pet Sitting, providing professional pet care when you can't be there.